Friday, November 13, 2015

Perpetual Calendar

Hello again!  I hope everyone had a good week. I did - I've been busy creating every evening-it's definitely my therapy after a day of work!
Today I want to share a how-to on this Perpetual Calendar. I've made quite a few of these and they are pretty easy to make. They've made great gifts for friends and family. You could change it up and leave the pages blank for photos or journaling. I've done them with recipes too.

 
I did this one a fall theme-it would make a great Thanksgiving Hostess gift!!
 
 
Start by cutting two pieces of chipboard 4 x 5 1/2".

 

                                Cut 2 pieces of paper that will cover the chipboard at 5 1/2 x 7".

 
I prefer Scor-tape for this but you could use any strong adhesive. I put tape all around the perimeter and a bit in the middle too. Peel the backing paper off and adhere to the middle of the cover piece.

 
Cut the corners off the cover piece so the corners will be neat. Place Scor-tape along all 4 edges and fold them over to adhere. I run a bone folder along the tape lines to make sure it adheres really good.
 


For the inside accordion pages cut 3 pieces of cardstock 5 1/4 x 8 1/2" and 1 piece at 5 1/4 x 8". Score the 3 - 8 1/2" pieces along the long side at 3 3/4" and 7 1/2". Score the 8" piece at 3 3/4".
Accordion fold them on the score lines and adhere end to end with Scor-tape.

 
It should look like this when they are all taped together.

 
Put Scor-tape on both ends of the accordion like above.

 
Adhere the covered chipboard pieces to the accordion pages.

 
Next make the folders that the pullout tabs fit into. All the pieces should be 3 5/8" wide. Put adhesive on 3 sides, leaving the top open to be able to slide the tab in.

 
You can make all the folders the same size and shape but I like to make them all a little different. I think it just makes it more interesting. Cut some straight across and some at an angle-I just cut them kind of randomly.

 
Then decorate the folders any way you want!

 
I just love that acorn punch and stamp set from Stampin Up!!
 

For the pullout pages I print the months on cardstock with my computer and printer. You could stamp them if you have month stamps but I don't. Also I like to mix up the fonts sometimes so printing works great for me. I've played with putting more months on each sheet but it's really easier to just evenly space out 3 and then cut what size I need-then I don't have to redo the page on my computer if I decide to make a different size book that would need different sized pages. I cut the length I need 1st so I can save the bottom half of the cardstock in the biggest size piece I can so there is less waste.

 
 Then I cut them at 2 3/4 x 4 1/2". How I do it is I mark the 1/2 way point (1 3/8") on my cutter and then line up the center of the word at this mark. Then I cut.


Then I flip the paper over and cut the other side at 2 3/4". This saves me the math of figuring out where to cut on a full sheet and I get the word in the middle every time.


 I cut the pull tabs using Spellbinders Mega Dies, Creative Page Tabs.
 
 
For this one I used a belly band to hold it closed. I cut a strip of cardstock at 1 1/2 x 10 3/4 " and scored it at 2 1/2, 3 3/8, flipped it around and scored again at 2 1/2 and 3 3/8" . I wrapped in around the book and adhered with Scor-tape.
 
 
I put the seam in the front and covered it with the decoration to hide it. Other times I've used ribbon or cording to tie the book closed.



 Ta Da! All done!!
 Well I hope you can follow my directions easily to be able to make this yourself, it's my 1st tutorial so hopefully it makes sense! :)
 
Have a great week,
Pam
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It's great to hear from you!