Monday, December 21, 2015

Game in an Explosion Box

Hello again! It's been a very busy December! I've been making a lot of Christmas gifts for family and friends and wanted to share a couple of those today. I made games in explosion boxes for my niece and nephew who are 4 and 7 years old. I love making games and have made them in the past for my 2 older nieces.  I decided to keep these pretty simple since the kids are younger. I thought the explosion box design would work well for what I wanted to do.
 
 
I made the game "EEK!" for my nephew and "Oh Jolly Joy" for my niece.



Like a traditional explosion box you take the top off and the sides fall down. I made the box and top with chipboard instead of just cardstock to make it stronger and more durable.


                           I printed the instructions and glued it to the back of one of the pages.

 
The pages then fold out to make the game board.
 


 
I printed the verbiage for the spaces on my computer and then glued them to the spaces.

 
I made the spinner out of chipboard that I cut with a circle die on my Bigshot. Then I covered one side with cardstock and colored paper. I poked a hole in the center and inserted an eyelet. I cut the spinner arrow from a plastic cool whip lid and colored it with a sharpie marker. I attached it to the spinner base with a brad and loosely folded the times in the back so it would spin easily.

 
I used number stickers for the number spinner. I used foam pop dots to attach the spinner so it would sit up off the page to spin properly.

 
For the 2nd spinner I hand wrote the instructions as I didn't have stickers small enough. I tried to print them on my computer but I couldn't get it to work right. And this gives it that personal Aunt Pam touch anyway!


The 2nd game works basically the same but has 1 spinner and cards.
 
 
The pages fold out to create game board.

 
This game board is a different configuration and plays a little differently but was constructed in the same way.


                                                 This spinner was made the same way.

 
This game has cards as part of the game play. To make the cards I used rubber stamps from Stampin Up's Freaky Friends stamp set and some bug stamps I've had forever. Monsters and Bugs - perfect for a little boy!
 
The games were a lot of fun to make and I can't wait to give them to the kids for Christmas!
 
Thanks for checking out my projects today! Have a great day!
Pam
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It's great to hear from you!