Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Set of 6 cards and folder

Hey there! I hope everyone had a nice December and Holiday. We had very warm weather in upstate NY with no snow for Christmas. Very strange for our area but we have strange weather all the time so not really a surprise!
Today I want to share with you a set of cards I made with folder for them to go into. The project was inspired by this beautiful stamp I got from Club Scrap. Someone had one at a stamping retreat I went to and as soon as I got home I ordered one of my own! What's so awesome and interesting about this stamp is that you can cut it up and make a 3D design with it. I love that! I liked this folder design too - it has a place for envelopes on one side and the cards on the other. The folder isn't my own design - I found it on Pinterest and modified the measurements to fit my 3D cards,


Here's the outside of the folder with the stamp on the front. Each different color is cut separate and popped out a little with pop dots. You can cut any combination to make so many different designs!

 
I put the popped out design on a belly band around the folder to hold it closed. Underneath on the front of the folder I put a flat uncut stamped image. I used all Stampin Up papers for this in Whisper White, Basic Black, Pacific Point and Marina Mist.


Here's the inside of the folder with a place for envelopes on the left and 6 different cards on the right hand side.


This is all the same stamp just cut differently for the details on the inside. The possibilities are endless! I just love this concept.
 
 
I made 6 cards for this set all in the same color scheme. Some pop out (the middle part is popped out the most) and some sink in (the outside ring is popped out the most and the middle isn't popped at all.)  It's really hard to tell in the photo.

Here's the basic measurements for 6 regular cards and envelopes:
For the folder:
Cardstock 6" x 10 1/8"
Scored at 4 3/4" and 5 3/8"

To hold the envelopes:
Cardstock 2" x 7 1/4"
Scored at 1/2", 3/4", 6 1/2" and 6 5/8"
Fold on score lines and adhere vertically in the center of the left side of the folder.

To hold the cards:
Cardstock 3 3/4" x 6 1/2"
Scored at 1/2", 7/8", 5 5/8" and 6"
snip away the 4 little squares the scoring creates at 2 corners.
Fold on score lines and adhere on bottom half of the right side of the folder.
This will hold 6 cards.
Decorate as desired!

I've made a few of these for gifts and they were a huge success. I hope you try your own!
Have a great day!
Pam
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Pam, and what a beautiful set of gift cards with the holder. I'm so delighted you've finally taken the "leap" at Splitcoaststampers and started a gallery. Your work is gorgeous, and I was so happy to see you've already participated in a challenge. Looking forward to getting to know you better on SCS. I know you will enjoy it there and be loved. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are amazing! I love what you did with the stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It's great to hear from you!