Saturday, April 9, 2016

Altered Books Part 2

Hello! Well I'd say Happy Spring but it certainly doesn't feel like Springtime here in Upstate NY! Cold and snowy! Oh well, it gives me more time to stay inside and create!
I finally got more done on the Altered Book project I started awhile ago to share with my Mom. If you missed the 1st post on this you can see it here. I'm ready to give it to her now to take a turn. It took me so long to decide how I wanted to do the cover and I finally just had to do it. You know how you can put too much thought into it where you never actually DO it? Well I was there.


So I finally just went for it and here is the result. I love it!

 

 
I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I started by painting the whole thing black with acrylic paint. Then I ripped, and folded and distressed pieces of black cardstock and glued them on all over the cover-overlapping here and there. I really like the texture that created.

 
I stamped an image from the Moroccan Spice kit from Club Scrap and added clear embossing powder. Then I puffed on some Color Burst powder in 2 colors and spritzed with water.


The bird was a plain wood design I got on clearance at Club Scrap-I'm not even sure what collection it was from. I painted it with a light wash of watercolor and then covered the whole thing with Glossy Accents.


The flowers are made with Stampin Up! Simply Pressed Clay. I made them in a silicone flower mold and painted them with Pacific Point ink with an aqua painter brush. The sentiment is a metal piece I got at a local dollar store! Love those finds!

The charm is from the Club Scrap Paris Flea Market kit. I tied it on with blue embroidery thread.

On the back I added another emboss resist Color Burst Moroccan Spice image. I also used another image from the Paris Flea Market kit and more clay flowers.


For my 1st page in the book I water colored the background and then stamped on images from Club Scrap Dahlia Collection with black Stazon. Then I used colored pencil and more watercolors to color in the images. I glued on a couple of die cut leaves,  the big butterfly and birds. Added a little bling to the butterfly and done!

I handed the book over to my Mom today and I can't wit to see what she creates! We agreed to always do a double spread like the one I did. I told her to do more than one spread if she wants. I'm pretty busy other projects and the Club Scrap Artist Team so I didn't want to slow down her creativity if she gets on a roll and wants to keep creating! I'll keep posting our progress and share what we both create. Make sure to follow me by email so you get notified when I post again.

Have a great day!
Pam



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It's great to hear from you!