Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Club Scrap Creative License Blog Hop

Hi there! It's Blog Hop time again. This time featuring Club Scrap's Creative License Kit! If you've come from Hetty's blog then you're right on track. This kit is a bit different from the last couple of kits and features a more masculine feel with cars and hubcaps and keys...very cool! I decided to make a Perpetual Desk Calendar.

 
There are blocks for the days and for the months-you just move them around to get the combination you need.
 
There's  a couple of tutorials out there for this project but the blocks were too big. I resized all the dimensions so the numbered blocks when assembled are 1 3/4" square.
 
Let's start with the holder for all the blocks.
Cut a piece of cardstock 9 5/8" x 8 1/2"  
Score on the short size at 2 5/8" and 4 1/2"
Score on the long side at 3" and 6 5/8"

 
Fold on all the score lines and cut out the pieces as shown.
 
 
 Adhere the holder together in the back.
 
 
There are 2 pieces that go in the back and bottom
to hold the blocks in at an angle so they don't just fall out.
 
For the back piece cut a piece of cardstock 3 1/2" x 6 1/2 ". Score on the long side at 5/8", 3 1/3" and 5 7/8"
For the bottom piece cut a piece of cardstock 3 1/2" x 5 1/16"
Score 1/2", 2 1/2", 4 5/8"
 
 
Fold and adhere into a triangle.

 
Adhere to the holder.
 
For the numbered Day blocks cut 2 pieces of cardstock 6 1/4" x 7 1/2"
Score on both sides at 1/2", 2 1/4", 4" and 5 3/4"
 
 
I marked the score lines so you can see them better.
 
 
Fold on the score lines and cut out the pieces as shown. Put adhesive on the indicated parts and assemble into a cube.


 I used Scor-tape but any strong adhesive will work.
 

1 cube should have the numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
The 2nd cube should have 0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8. The 6 will also work as the 9.
The mattes for the cubes will measure 1 1/2" x 1 1/2". I stamped on the numbers but you could use die cuts or print them print your computer too.
 
For the month blocks cut 3 pieces of cardstock 3 1/8" x 4 3/4"
Score on the short side 5/8", 1 1/4", 1 7/8" and 2 1/2"
on the long side score at 5/8" from each end.
 
 
Fold on all the score lines and cut out the pieces as shown.
 
 
Fold up and adhere into a long rectangle box.
 
 
I typed up the months on my computer and printed them out. Attach one to each side of the 3 boxes.
 
 
Then decorate any way you want! These are a perfect gift for co-workers to put on their desks!
Next on the Blog Hop is Tricia...check out what awesome thing she's done with a little Creative License!
 
Have a great day!
Pam

20 comments:

  1. Wow, Pam! Totally awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project and it works so well with this kit. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project and it works so well with this kit. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper cute!! I have been eyeing this project on Pinterest for quite some time and wanting to turn it into a paper project too. :) This came out amazing!! Thanks for sharing the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Pam...I think this is my favorite!!! Thanks for the super-detailed measurements and step outs. This is right up my alley, and I want to make one! I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful idea! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a great day Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very nice. I have a wooden version of this calendar style, it's very functional. I like your paper version using this kit, very nice. I look forward to seeing aome others of your projects. Also welcome to the Club Scrap group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun project! Would make an excellent Christmas gift idea. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun project! Would make an excellent Christmas gift idea. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best project ever! Love the bright red with stamping with this collection. Such a unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this! I am so glad you shared the instructions because I HAVE to make one in a dental theme for my operatory at work! SO SO cute! All my friends are gonna be jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project and wonderful instructions!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what an awesome project, great details. Your's is my favorite Pam! I've thought about making a perpetual calendar too, similar to this, but yours is so much better then what I was thinking!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great project! I love that the entire thing is made from paper. It looks great with the Creative License theme. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a great eye to see the 3D possibilities! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh! What an awesome project! This would look beautiful on my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What an impressive project. Thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It's great to hear from you!