Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Club Scrap June Artist Team Challenge-Hypno Special Edition Collection

Hello my friends! It's time again for the Club Scrap Artist Team Challenge! If you just visited Esther's blog you're following right along.
This month we were given some Hypno special edition collection papers and tasked with using them in our projects. (There are 3 versions available at Club Scrap.) These are text weight papers with a fun retro look and muted colors. I decided to make a Toilet Paper roll holder with Artist Trading Cards!.

 
 
I love TP roll albums! I love that you can take such an ordinary plain everyday thing and do such fun stuff with it!





Here's the other side. I decorated a few of the rolls with twine, die cuts and embellishments.

 
The backsides of all the cards.

 
When I 1st started paper crafting I was introduced to the TP mini albums and started saving the rolls. Then people heard I was saving them, and people at work would empty a roll and give it to me. Before I knew it I had a ton - a large bin full!

 
For this project I used 8 toilet paper rolls. If you've ever saved them and made TP albums you know that every brand and even different sizes of the same brand have different roll sizes! So find 8 all the same size. I discovered that standard Artist Trading Cards (2 1/2 X 3 1/2") fit perfectly in a lot of my rolls! So that was why I decided to go with ATC's and not just pull out tabs like I've done before.
 
 
The 1st thing to do is flatten your TP rolls. I usually use my bone folder on the edges so they hstay flat better. Then I coveredmy rolls with the Hypno papers. Since these are text weight they covered the rolls really nice. It's hard to give measurements here because of the size differences but generally if you double the width of your roll and add an inch you'll have plenty to wrap the roll. I used Scor-tape but you could use any strong adhesive. I put it around the edges and some in the middle to hold. I burnish the tape with my bone folder to make sure it sticks nicely. Especially with TP rolls and Kraft papers it lifts off when I pull off the backing tape if I haven't burnished well. Then I just wrapped the paper around the roll.
 
 
Hypno covered rolls! These are about 4 inches long so I knew my ATCs which are only 3 1/2" long would fall down inside too much.
 
 
 So I put Scor-tape inside at about the 1" mark to close up the bottom and to let the ATC's stick out a bit at the top so you can grab them and pull them out.


 I punched a hole in the bottom corner of each covered roll with my crop-a-dile and put them together with a 1" Chicago screw (that's what Amazon called them anyway. They are like those extension thingys for scrapbooks. I'm not a scrapbooker but those of you who are know what I'm taking about :))
 
I like my ATC's a little thicker so I glued 2 pieces of cardstock together. I used some paper that I got a long time ago at Joann Fabrics I think. The colors and patterns went well with the Hypno papers.

 
Then I decorated them using various stamps, inks, ribbons, jute twine and wooden embellishments I had in my stash. I cut pieces of the Hypno papers and added those as well.

























So now onto the rest of the Blog Hop-up next is Hetty!

Have a great day!
Pam

17 comments:

  1. How fun - I had never heard of this! I can't wait to try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun project! The first time I made one of those my dh looked at me like I was nuts - he didn't understand why I wanted him to save all the rolls - LOL!!

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun project! The first time I made one of those my dh looked at me like I was nuts - he didn't understand why I wanted him to save all the rolls - LOL!!

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, these rolls go great with the paper and you made a perfect set! Loveall your atc's!
    You nailed it,Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are super fun! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever creation! I love how the whole thing came together and the ATCs inside are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore recycled art projects!! Well done Pam this little mini is terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SUPER AMAZINGLY cute! Never in a million years would I have guessed TP rolls! Nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cool! Love this, I never made one of these but this has been an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is that???!!! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh man that is a super snazzy idea! Whoda thunk? Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool is this! I start saving the TP rolls as well and now I know what to do with them!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun project! That's an awesome idea!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It's great to hear from you!