Monday, July 18, 2016

Club Scrap July Challenge-Stamping Through Stencils

Hi there! This month's technique challenge at Club Scrap is hosted by Artist Team Member Josette. Her challenge for us is stamping through stencils. 
 
 
Now I'll be honest-I had trouble getting this technique to work for me. All my stencils were small images and I had a really hard time getting an image to stamp through.

 
So I decided to make my own stencil! I had a piece of stencil plastic laying around and I used star framelits through my Big Shot to cut them out. This stencil worked so much better with the big spaces! I used stamps from Paris Flea Market to stamp through the stencil and on the background. I daubed around the edges of the stars to make them stand out a little better. I used papers and the typewriter image from the current Club Scrap kit Office Space.
I hope you try this technique challenge and link up your own card at Club Scrap!
 
Have a great day!
Pam

3 comments:

  1. I've noticed using extra cushion underneath the stencils when stamping helps a lot, such as a stack of magazines. Such a clever idea to make your own custom stencils. I love the finished card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip, Karen. I might have to try this again. Brilliant idea on making your own stencil, Pam. Love the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the stencil you made!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It's great to hear from you!