Saturday, September 10, 2016

Garden Shed ATC's and Holder

Hi Friends! This months kit for Club Scrap is called Garden Shed and it's so cute! I know I say that about every kit and each month but I always I mean it! :) My favorite elements of this kit are the little bees! AHHH so cute! There's a bee hive and a snail...and... well you should check it out for yourself!
This kit reminds me of my Mom- she's always had a garden and all the little tools and elements are so her! So I decided to make an ATC set in a "crate" for her.
 
 
I saw a similar crate on Pinterest but modified it so it would fit the ATCs.
 
 
So many awesome stamps with this kit!
Let me share how I made the crate.
 
 
1st I used a hardwood background stamp I have from Stampin Up! and stamped it twice in brown ink on a piece of chipboard.
 
 
I used a craft knife to cut each slat apart. Each one is 5 1/2" long. You'll need 6 at the full length. Score them at 1 3/8" and 4 1/8." Cut 4 more at 5 1/8" and score at 2 1/2."
 
 
Fold each one on the score lines.
 
 
Start with the 4 - 5 1/8" pieces. They will make up the bottom and base of the crate. I used Club Scrap Bookbinding Glue to adhere all the pieces together. Glue 2 pieces together in a "u" shape  -adhering the 2 5/8" sections one on top of the other as above.
 
Then take one of the 5 1/2" long pieces and glue it to the bottom piece as shown in the photo on the left. Then add the other bottom piece gluing to the 5 1/2" piece as in the right side photo. Add another 5 1/2" piece to the other side forming the bottom slat of the crate.
 
 
Here's the view from the bottom.
 
 
I glued the top piece next so I could make sure the slats were all evenly spaced. I repeated the same process as with the bottom pieces.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then add the middle slat pieces.
 
 
I used the fuzzy fiber and the little watering can charm to decorate. So Cute! It came out better than I thought it would!
 
 
I can't wait to give these to my Mom! She's gonna love them :)
 
Have a great day!
Pam

5 comments:

  1. Pam, this is simply and so COOL! What a great idea and it tlooks so real this wood box.
    Oh and I have that stamp! Thanks for your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! Not only are those ATC's amazing, that wood box is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little mini box! AND some marvelous ATC's to go with it. I love all the detail you added.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It's great to hear from you!