Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Club Scrap Literature Blog Hop

Hi There! It's Blog Hop and Linky Party time again! This month's Club Scrap kit is called Literature and is book and story themed with rich colors and images. You should have just come from Hetty's blog along the hop.  For the Hop today I decided to make a book board mini-album with ATC's. I just love Club Scrap's book board-you can get it in full sheets or packs of smaller pieces. It's thicker than regular chipboard and works great for books!

 
The mini-album has 6 book board pages covered and decorated with papers form the Literature kit.
 
 
Each book board page is a different width. I used a craft knife to cut the book board. Then I covered one side of the book board pages with cardstock from the kit and used Club Scrap book binding glue to adhere them. I overlapped the cardstock over the edge of the pages 3/4." Then I cut mattes to cover the other side of the page.
Measurements for the book board and cardstock covers and mattes:
 2 pieces of book board @ 4 1/2" x 5" for the front and back covers. Cardstock to cover: 6" x 6 1/2", Matte for the other side: 4" x 4 3?4"
1 book board @ 2 3/4" x 5", cardstock to cover: 4 1/4" x 6 1/2", matte: 2 1/2" x 4 3/4"
1 book board @ 3 1/2" x 5", cardstock to cover: 5" x 6 1/2", matte 3 1/4" x 4 3/4"
1 @ 3 1/4" x 5", cardstock to cover: 4 3/4" x 6 1/2", matte 3" x 4 3/4"
1 @ 4" x 5", cardstock to cover: 5 1/2" x 6 1/2", matte 3 3/4" x 4 3/4"

 
I punched 2 holes in each page 3/8" from the left edge and 1 1/4" from the top and bottom. I tied the book together with 2 pieces of ribbon from the kit.
 

 
I ordered the pages in the book all jumbled up so the different widths are staggered.
 
 
Some of the pages have folders for the ATC's. I used a 1 1/2" circle punch on the tops of the folders to make it easier to pull the ATC's out. And I think it looks cool :)
 

I used a combination of the Deluxe kit and the Digital kit to decorate the mini-album and ATC's.
 

 
There is a total of 17 ATC's.
 
 
I love the staggered look of the pages and the thickness of the book board. It makes for a great solid little book!
Now keep on hopping! Your next stop is Tricia!
 
Have a great day!
Pam

16 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful book, Pam, love all those pockets!!
    Great ideas i notice here and there. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pages and pockets are gorgeous! Great book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet book board book, love how it all came together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely board book. Great idea for little people too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I LOVE your Book, ita Beautiful!!! Also love the pages, with the little pockets to hold the little cards, or atc's
    Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of all the different thickness of the pages, looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a cute and amazing interactive little book. So many yummy details to look at and play with. The ribbon for the binding is a neat idea. Wish I could see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yowza! I love all the little details you added!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love how chunky this book is, and all the cool pockets and such make it so unique and fun. You've inspired me to try to re-create one too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with everyone. Love the chunkiness of your book and the pockets. Bookmarked this for future crafting project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful book! I love all the nooks and crannies to fill.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! I applaud you for cutting that book Board!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooohhh love love love chunky books - those lil pockets are just so awesome in the book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling book idea, Pam. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It's great to hear from you!