Sunday, January 22, 2017

Club Scrap Technique Challenge-Tea Stain

 Hello again! This month's technique challenge at Club Scrap is Tea Stain. I decided to play along today :)


The only tea I had in the house for this was a Celestial brand White Tea - Chai. I figured a black tea would get better results but tried it anyway. It worked great! And smelled awesome! :) 
I used various white card stocks and left them in for different lengths of time. I also tried a few different techniques as you can see. For the ones on the far right I ripped the paper before I put it in the tea.


This piece ripped kind of strangely but I liked how it showed so much of the "rip." The tea took very nicely to that part.


Again I used a ripped piece for this card.


Closeup so you can see how the ripped paper took the tea stain. Beautiful.


I painted with the tea for this sample. I really like how the textured card stock worked with this technique.


It's subtle but there's a dragonfly painted in the tea. I used a piece of card stock that I had punched out a dragonfly from as a stencil.
I hope you try this technique-it was a lot of fun! If you do-make sure to link up your creation at Club Scrap!

Have a great day!
Pam

2 comments:

  1. Love how the tea stained the different fibers of the torn paper! Beautiful Pam! Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! Loved the ripped papers!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It's great to hear from you!