Saturday, March 18, 2017

Card Challenge- The Card Concept # 69 and Club Scrap Delft

Hello! It's been VERY snowy here in Upstate NY! I had 1 1/2 bonus crafting days when my work closed early one day and didn't open at all the 2nd! Woo Hoo! I decided to use my extra time to play along at The Card Concept challenge #69-Rich Texture.  The style I used for this card was mixed media.


I used the Club Scrap Delft kit to create my card. 

To create the texture I used the cracked porcelain stencil available with the Delft Kit.


I covered the stencil with modeling paste.


After pulling the stencil off and letting the paste dry I stamped the unmounted rubber stamp tulip images in blue and yellow ink. I used a yellow sharpie marker to accent the yellow on the flowers. I pressed the whole piece onto a versamark ink pad and covered it with clear embossing powder. Then I melted the powder with a heat tool. 


On the background yellow piece I used the cracks image from the unmounted stamps and stamped in yellow-then added embossing powder to add even more texture. 

Check out all the other entries at the Card Concept challenge blog and maybe you'll be inspired to link a creation of your own!

Have a great day!
Pam

4 comments:

  1. Love the background faux tile look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun background with this technique! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept! Hugs and we hope to see your artwork in our gallery again soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome and unique background technique! Thanks for showing us some great insoiration and for playing along with us over at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It's great to hear from you!