Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Club Scrap Adirondacks and Distress Oxide

Hello! It's been pretty rainy here in Upstate NY so I've had a lot of time to craft!
Today I want to share some cards I made with the Club Scrap Adirondacks kit and Distress Oxide inks! Wow I love those inks! They're like magic! 


I love that sentiment! So cute! I also just love how the Distress Oxides react with water! I've seen a lot of tutorials where you spread the ink pad on the craft sheet, spray with water and then lay the paper over the ink to pick up the color...then spritz again with water. Looks so easy...but I haven't had that much luck with that...it just got all muddy and I wasn't happy with it. I'll keep trying it but I just had better results with a stencil.


First I daubed on my colors with a makeup sponge. I overlapped some and blended until I liked the look.


Then I picked out a stencil and spritzed with water.


That's it! Done! And look at the results! AAHHH!! Magic!


I used a different stencil on the jar.


Here I just used one color of ink and daubed kind of unevenly.


So simple but such stunning results!


No Distress Oxide here but I just love that sentiment and the fireflies so I had to make another!

Have a great day!
Pam


1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments. It's great to hear from you!